The Council on Financial Education Accreditation (“CFEA”) accreditation standards were designed to assist the widest possible range of industries and organizations with the development, evaluation and improvement of financial literacy education and counseling services. The standards are broad enough to encompass non-profit, government and for-profit/commercial entities.
The Standards are intended to provide a self-regulatory framework for any organization which offers financial literacy education and counseling services to its constituents under any circumstances, including (but not limited to):
- Financial education organizations and programs;
- Post-secondary institutions;
- K-12 schools;
- Financial services organizations;
- Financial counseling organizations and programs;
- Housing counseling organizations and programs;
- Debt management organizations;
- Debt settlement organizations;
- Community action programs;
- Social service agencies;
- Government agencies; and
- Employee assistance programs.
Learn how your organization can become accredited now!